Istanbul Development Agency (İSTKA), which works for Istanbul’s global economy and has an economic vitality that fosters innovative, creative and entrepreneurial spirit that creates high added value, took its place at the R & D Collaboration Summit and Fair.
R&D Collaboration Summit and Fair to be held in cooperation with TÜBİTAK and the Higher Education Council (YÖK) under the auspices of the Ministry of Development and the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology will take place between 3-5 May 2017 at the Istanbul Pullman Congress and Exhibition Center.
ISTKA, with its mission to represent common intelligent and to transform the resources into a common value for Istanbul by taking part in the center of cooperation networks, has provided support approximately 100 million TL each year. Since 2010, it has supported 402 economic developments, 308 social developments; contributed to the development of totally 710 projects to be implemented.
Considering development as an integrated concept with its economic and social dimensions, İSTKA reflects the support of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship as horizontal themes to all activities targeting socio-economic development. İSTKA’s 2014-2023 Istanbul Regional Plan, prepared jointly with the regional stakeholders, “Innovative and Cultural City with Creative and Free People; Original Istanbul “vision, innovation and entrepreneurship-based financial support programs are some of the concrete examples that reflect this consciousness.
İSTKA, within the framework of the duties specified by Law No. 5449;
• It aims to realize sustainable regional development by setting socio-economic development trends, development potential, priority intervention areas and sectoral targets.
• Determines the relationship between national scale plans, policies and strategies and activities carried out at the local level.
• Designing support programs in line with Istanbul’s priorities and supporting the activities and projects that implement these programs.
• Conducts activities to improve co-operation and capacity between the region’s stakeholders.
• With the aim of attracting local and international investors to Istanbul, they are carrying out various cooperation, capacity building and promotion activities.